Tuesday 9 December 2008

Blooming Marvellous Birthday Blooms


Last night I decided I would christen my new cuttlebug and what better reason than to make my mother's birthday card. Given I only started the card late at night it invoed some quick thinking, so I decided to use a 'patchwork' sheet of paper from Papermania's Exquisite Paper Collection, embossed a piece of scrap peach pearlescent card with the Cuttlebug embossing folder, attached and layered two prima flowers in beige and pastel pink with sticky dots to the centre. I then stamped Magnolia's Tilda with Magnolia flowers onto cream cardstock, several times to create layers (head and shoes) and watercoloured the image with W H Smiths Watercolour pencils. I decided against using prisma/ gamsol tecnique as I was extremely short of time (aren't we all! LOL) and would have had to wait for it to dry before glueing. Once dry, I stuck Tilda with sticky dots and then layered the pieces. Finally I thought I would add an epoxy/ dome Papermania Heart and embossed the 'love' heart using my new bug friend on antique gold pearlescent card and cutting it into shape. Inside the card, I stamped a 'Happy Birthday' sentiment (All Night Media Stamp which I love dearly!) with a Whispers Port Wine ink pad. A simple but effective card! Now its posted I hope she loves it just as much as I do!

No comments: