Thursday 27 November 2008

I Love Glitter!


Today I decided I would try and use up some prima flowers I received in my large 'Bucket of Blooms' in pastel colours. These buckets are a bargain at only £14.99 from All Things Crafty (see link) and contain between 500 - 800 flowers in a range of styles and colours including the ever popular hydrangea petals. They come in quite basic colours and although they are the pastel selection I have managed to find some fushia reds, lime and dark green and white to decorate my christmas cards (which I'll add to the blog once finished). I couldn't really stretch to buying christmas primas so I have improvised by using my stash of powderz and peewee glitters, glitter glues to make them a little more festive. I would recommend using a child's paint brush to coat the flowers in glitter glue in the colour of your choice and dip them whilst wet in a tub of loose glitter and remove with tweezers. Leave to dry before using, the great thing also is it gives the primas more stiffness whilst retaining their shape. So far I have managed to glitter the some in red, evergreen and iridescent white which I will save later to use on other everyday cards. I hope you like the result....

Daffodil : )

1 comment:

ella parry said...

I look forward to see your cards!!

Ella