Saturday 12 February 2011

Monkey Business

I've managed to squeeze time to make a card in the last fortnight, although I've encountered several mishaps with glues : ( I have given up on Silicone glue, its now officially relegated to Room 101. I'm also a leaf punch short after breaking one trying hopelessly to punch through handmade glitter paper (from experience this is not recommended).

The layout for the card is from Sketch SaturdayChallenge (Week #138)



This is a card I made using all my tiny scraps left over from a sheet of MME 'Bloom & Grow' Collection. The image is from a wood mounted stamp by Whipper Snapper Designs called 'Swinging Monkey' CY905 which I recently bought in the Sir Stampalot January sale and coloured with Copic Ciao pens: E35 Chamois, E33 Sand, E21 Baby Skin Pink & G00 Jade Green for highlighting.



The biscuit coloured card, glitter paperstock & gems are from the craft section of Poundland, mostly the 'Crafty Bits' mixed bags (contents vary) for £1. The self-adhesive gems are sold in packs of 110 in various colours and available at selected Poundland stores. These bags are great value provided you have a die cut machine or punches as most of the contents is the residue from die cut sheets but the paper is mega glittery and I find it doesn't come off on your hands! : ) The biscuit cardstock has been embossed in the Cuttlebug using Swiss Dots folder. Flowers are Prima Marketing.



Until next time!
Daffodil x x

No comments: