Sunday 1 February 2009

Words Of Comfort

Sometimes, words cannot express what the heart feels. 2009, has started on a sad note, having been informed my favourite aunt on my father's side (his cousin) has sadly lost her battle against vaginal cancer having endured endless chemotherapy treatment cycles. I remember her fondly, especially her support and words of comfort towards our family when my grandmother passed away during my teenage years. Her passing has brought a mixture of feelings; sadness for her family and all who have been privileged to know her through the years and the fleeting feelings of relief she is no longer in pain and suffering. I hope she is now resting in peace.


In UK, I have found difficulty sourcing welsh greeting cards for special occasions so I made this card to send to her family at this difficult time. I used a retired Anna Griffin 'Sloane Roses' paper and die cuts, an off cut of cream smooth/ satin conqueror paper embossed in the cuttlebug to create a frill effect, a strip of black card embossed with the Swiss dots border folder and some pink organza ribbon. As its a sympathy card I decided against using iridescent glitter glue to accent the chrysanthemum flowers. 'Gair o Gysur' translated in English means 'word of comfort' and inside the sentiment 'Gyda Phob Cydymdeimlad' means 'with every sympathy'.

For further information about cancer, go to:http://www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=341&template=1

1 comment:

June said...

So sorry to hear of your loss
June x