Tuesday 24 February 2009

Life's a Box of Chocolates... Sweet!

This is a card I have been working on lately in between working! The idea came together on Sunday night whilst thinking of chocolate which always remind me of the film 'Forrest Gump'.

Main image is by Stampabilities Happy Hoppers 'Hoppy Valentine's'. Bunny has been coloured in with whispers pens using the blender and once dry I have pained on some Anita's 3D Clear Gloss Finish to accentuate bunny's tail, hind legs and ears. The chocolate box has been embellished with pink glitter after pasting with a fine brush some glue and sprinkled with pink glitter.

Hint: Once glued glitter is dry, to avoid the glitter from becoming loose seal the glittered areas with a thin coat of Anita's 3D Clear Gloss Finish. The coating must be thin otherwise when dry there is a danger it will crackle and then you'll have to start again LOL!

The sentiment is part of a two stamp set by Prima Marketing Inc. but the set is nameless! The chocolate paper is part of free set of papers you can dowload from Papercraft Inspirations (you will find a link at the bottom of my blog!). I've used a scrap piece of brown corrugated card, recycled some pink ribbon from a new top I bought and then added a few Prima flowers from my new stash. The rest of the ribbon has been used up on the side of the sentiment label.

I've also started to finish the inside of the card, so this is what the inside looks like!

Hope you like the card, especially as very soon I'm hoping to have some samples sold in some local shops I've selected to help with the house deposit fund! Please let me know whether you think this card is up to scratch! : )